Are YOU 50 Plus with a Hearty Appetite?
Jill emailed me with this question: Do you have anything to help appetite? I’m 53 years old going through menopause with a hearty appetite.
I think what Jill is experiencing is what many of us are facing. I took a little extra time to reply to her question so that I could share the answer with you.
The good news is I do! I am in my 50’s too and know what you mean…
3 things You can do right away to curb cravings
- The 1st one is – get sugar and processed white flour products out of your diet. The cravings will start to subside just from that.
- Eat some keto meals – so don’t be afraid of fats as long as you are mixing them with very few carbs.
- So a salad with grilled chicken and an oil/vinegar dressing like Italian. Avocados – use them for a snack, I like them with salt and lemon juice in them.
A few additional things that are important to curb cravings
- All kinds of vegetables raw or cooked. If you are not adding carbs to the meal you can even stir-fry veggies in olive oil or coconut oil.
- Start with 3 meals a day and no snacks. Then go from there as you get a hold of 1 or 2 of your meals being low carb (keto-friendly).
- Your 3rd meal – eat a sensible meal. Your cravings will subside considerably.
When there is are more than 10 grams of carbs present the body takes longer to digest the food and stores more of it as fat. When it is just protein, fibrous foods, and fat the body processes it through very quickly.
We now carry a product called: Trim & Slim – It will help manage your cravings and give you a boost of energy too as it has B vitamins in it.
I hope this info has been helpful for you. Here is a video slideshow you can view and share with others.
Do a Google Search for Dr. Berg. At our age, I am not a believer in going totally Keto – (little to no carbs) but I have found it very adventitious for this reason:
- When you eat 1 or 2 of your meals Keto – low carb (less than 20 grams between the 2 small meals) – It does not cause insulin spikes. If you can avoid insulin spikes your blood sugars will actually stay more even throughout the day.
- When insulin spikes that is where the fat storage begins. The 2nd piece of this is that when you fast between meals and fast at least 12 hours at night (14 is better) then your body has time to clean up the liver and the many receptor sites in the body.
- If you can stop eating 3 hours before bed – so nothing caloric after your last meal of the day. You will sleep better and be able to manage your stress the next day better.
- By lowering your stress levels you have better blood sugar management. This is because – Cortisol (your stress hormone) causes insulin release – causing – fat storage. Cortisol also lends to our hormone imbalance and – you guessed it – Cravings…
I wanted to write this while thinking about you. It is also a question that many women have.
I want to thank Jill for asking this question.
Do you have an experience with a Natural Solutions or a question that the answer others might benefit from?
I look forward to hearing from you, Until next time – Be Well !
About the Author
We are here to help you find better health with the use of Natural Solutions. Disclaimer: *The Articles on this site is for educational purposes only. We make no medical claims. These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Take at your own risk.