PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
We are going to try to help you understand the basics. Then below we added some additional research on a few of the things suggested in this original article that we found on the subject.
At the end are some product suggestions that you may find helpful.
The research I found on Nattokinase & Phytoestrogen was info I felt was so important to share with you, so here we go…
What Is The Best Diet For PCOS?
A balanced diet using whole foods that stabilize your blood sugar levels is the key. Banishing sugary food is especially important. Foods containing too much sugar cause rapid spikes in your blood sugar levels, placing unnecessary stress on your body. Over time this leads to the development of insulin resistance syndrome. Fast carbohydrates work just like sugar in the body so this includes white flour products like bread & pasta.
What is Insulin Resistance Syndrome?
Insulin Resistance Syndrome is a condition marked by poor blood sugar control and weight gain. Insulin resistance is usually an underlying problem in women suffering PCOS, even when they are not overweight.
When the body is insulin resistant, it simply does not remember how to use carbohydrates for energy. It can only store them as fat. A natural foods diet helps you manage the symptoms of PCOS.
Here are a few basic tips:
- Balance low GI carbohydrates with adequate protein
- Include phytoestrogens in your diet
- Buy organic foods whenever possible
- Use fats in their natural state
- Limit or avoid dairy
- Drink two liters of filtered water daily
- Avoid additives, preservatives and food chemicals such as artificial sweeteners
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Avoid sugar on its own and hidden in foods
- Include essential fatty acids in your diet
How does Nattokinase Help with PCOS?
Natto – is fermented soybean. It is a really good source of vitamin K2. Vitamin K2 is good to pull calcium buildup out of the arteries and to help the circulation.
Nattokinase is very helpful for Endometriosis as it can dissolve the fibrin that forms fibroids. Natto is a powerful anti-inflammatory and can also be helpful in decreasing the size of tumors and other fibrous growths.
Be sure and find a supplement that uses Nattokinase as: Natto NSP-2 – because it has more Fibrolytic (fibroid dissolving) units that straight Nattokinase.
What foods and herbs contain phytoestrogens?
Many plants and plant-based foods contain phytoestrogens. Some contain more than others and may have a more significant impact on your health.
Some herbs are high in phytoestrogens and can be taken in supplement form. Supplements may have higher levels of phytoestrogens than foods, so talk to your doctor before taking them.
The most significant and notable herb and plant sources are:
- black cohosh
- chaste tree berry
- Dong Quai
- evening primrose
- legumes (beans, peas, peanuts)
- licorice root
- red clover
- soy (tofu, tempeh, miso, soymilk)
- Article By: Jenny Blondel
- Phytoestrogen foods
- Fibro-T (Natto NSP-2) to decrease the discomfort of the fibrocycts
- Protease has been know to help the Natto work faster. It also helps with brain fog, digestion and exercise recovery
- Supplementing with minerals like Calcium, Magnesium & Potassium may help
- A good Probiotic may be in order